Decsription of the subscription for reading points from dynamically updated KML-files on the internet (coming soon).
This is a subscription that lets the user connect to one or more KML-files on the internet. We have tested against and optimized for files which have been produced and made available to users of telespor.no. This is a service that is primarily used for tracking sheep and reindeers.
As of today we only read points/placemarks from the files and we only support KML-files. If anyone has other requirements or wishes, please contact us.
The function is put in its own subscription as this is functionality that is not of interest for most users.
According to telespor, one must do the following in order to publish a KML file that Norgeskart can use:
- Activate “Tillat KML-eksport til Google” in your user settings.
- You can find the path to the KML file on your user settings page.
- The file path has the format http://www.telespor.org/kml/xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx.kml”
Any questions conserning the telespor service or for how to publish and find the KML-file must be directed to telespor.
Adding KML-file services
The KML-files, from which you want the app to fetch points, is added by doing the following:
- Open My data from the side panel.
- Open the list for Dynamic points
- Choose Dynamic point services from the menu that can be opened upper right corner.
- Press the green + button in order to add a new service.
- Enter name, description and URL. Then press Register.
Removing or editing KML-file services
KML-file services can be edited or deleted by pressing the … button on the row of interest. From the menu that is displayed, one can choose to edit or delete the services.
Refresh of points
The points from the KML-files can be updated manually by pressing the refresh button in the upper right corner of the map.
The user can also choose to let the app automatically refresh the points at a given interval. If the files are large, this can result in some data traffic. The frequency can be set from Settings – General.
The following is available:
- Manual update
- 1 minute
- 5 minutes (default)
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 60 minutes
Problems or missing something?
Do not hesitate to contact us. This is the first version of this subscription and we appreciate any comments or wishes.